Exciting times we are expanding and looking for someone to help us do it!
We are on the hunt for a Team Leader and Events Coordinator…. If you’re creative and love working with young people, then this could be the role for you.
JumpingCLAY South Sheffield has an exciting range of educational programmes that we are delivering in local schools. All of our after-school programmes are an interactive, hands-on experience that teach children to bring their imagination to life. Each week you will take children on a new path of discovery and create a new masterpiece to take home that day. We also deliver toddler sessions, children’s parties, and sessions for local community groups with adults.
JumpingCLAY is a mess free eco friendly air drying modelling clay which is perfect for children’s and adults craft projects alike. The eight bright and intermixable colours can blend together, creating any texture or tone without any unwanted smearing. Forget about sticky glue as after you’ve perfected your shapes, they bond together without any need for adhesives. There’s no baking required with JumpingCLAY. Simply leave finished pieces to air dry naturally. Your finished models will dry, perfectly formed, without any sign of cracks, crumbs, faded colours or unwanted shrinkage within 24-48 hours.
The successful applicant will oversee our team for after school clubs, holiday sessions, parties and events for both JumpingCLAY and StraightCurves.
Your specific responsibilities will be to:
- Manage the current team through rota planning, recruitment, development reviews, staff support and dealing with day to day issues.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers including coordinating our after school club programme.
- Promote and grow the business through organising attendance at local events and social media.
- Expand our JumpingCLAY Parties at local venues.
- Lead after school clubs, toddler sessions and parties.
In order to fulfil this role, it essential that you:
- Are able to communicate with colleagues and customers professionally through face to face, telephone and written communication.
- Have people management experience
- Are self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Are able to prioritise workload whilst supervising others
- Can work flexibly and unsupervised
- Are able to relate to and lead groups of children of varying ages in JumpingCLAY modelling.
- Are able to drive and have access to a car.
The salary will be £13,000 a year plus bonuses based on an average of 30 working hours a week with 23 days holiday. The working hours will vary from week to week and will be different in term-time and holidays as follows:
It is essential that you are available between 2pm and 5pm five days a week for after school clubs (4 days working and 1 as sickness cover when required), and most weekends for parties and events and at least one morning a week for toddler groups. Approx 22 hours will be practical, spent leading or assisting at sessions with children.
It is essential that you are available 3 days a week to work all day (probably Mon, Tues, Wed) and some weekends for events and parties. Approx 25 hours will be practical, spent leading or assisting at sessions with children.
The small print.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. You will be required to pay for your own DBS. Training costs in safe guarding, first aid and JumpingCLAY will be covered by the company but completed in your own time when required. Please note that bank holidays are included within your holiday entitlement but you may be required to work them and take alternative days instead. All holiday days must be taken out of after school club blocks that run within term time and agreed in advance.
All applications must be received by 12 noon on Friday 21st July 2017. Interviews for short listed candidates will be held on Monday 31st July. Proposed start date for appointed Team Leader / Events Coordinator 1st September 2017.