Tutor Tales

Finish off February

As you may already be aware unfinished projects are my forte and I have quite a few so in February...

Read More...

Crochet Virus Shawl – UK Translation

Having stumbled over this gorgeous free crochet shawl pattern while researching my wedding I could not leave it unmade with...

Read More...

Tailored Wedding Dress

Congratulations & Best Wishes to Karen & Joan, who were married in September. For me as a dressmaker it is...

Read More...

Carol’s Current UFO – Felted Landscape

In the summer, I started a new felted landscape of the back of The Great Ridge, which is best seen...

Read More...
Imprinting a design in order to decorate a Pottery Heart

Why I Love Teaching Pottery

Hi I’m Clare and you’ll find me teaching the pottery classes at Straightcurves. I love being part of the Straightcurves...

Read More...

Working with 4 ply yarn…

4 ply quite frankly is something that never appealed to me and was a little scary too, however I do...

Read More...

Crochet in Callela

Hello, Its be a busy few weeks in the studio catching up before and after my holiday in Callela but...

Read More...

On and Off the Hook

Best laid plans and all that. When we first got the new website that was nearly a year ago now,...

Read More...

Introducing the NO SEW StraightCurves Poppy!

As you probably know already we are supporting the Chesterfield poppy cascade and as I’m not keen on sewing woolly...

Read More...

Learning to Make your own Clothes is the Answer to all your Shopping Nightmares!

Have you ever spent hours or even days of your life trawling the internet or traipsing around Meadowhall searching for...

Read More...

2017 a Cracker of a Year

Hearing the fireworks go off New Years eve, advertising another year had ended, left me reflecting about what I had...

Read More...

15 Good Reasons to Start Dressmaking

I have always been a dressmaker since being a young teenager, a lady called Janet, a friend of my parents,...

Read More...

Lisa’s Tutor Tales – 5 reasons for Art Journalling

I have been art journaling now for 11 years and I still often get asked what is it? why do...

Read More...