Karen Rogers

Crocheted Cat Cave

Having recently moved house I am more than aware of the current size of my yarn stash and decided...

Read More...

Easter Egg Competition Winners

Here they are folks our 5 winners to our 2019 design an Easter Egg Competition! We are not sharing names...

Read More...

Get Creative this May Half Term

Here’s what we have planned for May Half Term folks, you can click on the links where it says spaces...

Read More...

As-You-Go Blanket

Hope you all had a fantastic Easter weekend and got lots of crafting done. I have finally finished my as-you-go...

Read More...

Get Creative this Easter

<< UPDATED 11 APRIL >> Here’s an update on what has space available still this Easter, you can click on...

Read More...

Finish off February

As you may already be aware unfinished projects are my forte and I have quite a few so in February...

Read More...

Pom-Pom Tastic!

Pom-poms are fantastic, very easy to make and you don’t need any fancy equipment either – just a pair of...

Read More...

Kids Half Term Sessions

Our kids activities for February Half Term are now bookable online. Here is the full list please use our crafty...

Read More...

February Weekend Workshops

We have so many great workshops coming up every weekend in February that I just had to write about it...

Read More...

Karen’s Cats

Just a quick and a little sad note about my cat babies, as you may already know they have both...

Read More...

StraightCurves Advent Calendar 2018

Each day in December for our advent calendar we will be posting a little something for you on our facebook...

Read More...

Christmas Children’s Activities

All our fantastic activities for those aged 2 to 102 for Christmas Holiday are now bookable online, why not take...

Read More...

Crochet Virus Shawl – UK Translation

Having stumbled over this gorgeous free crochet shawl pattern while researching my wedding I could not leave it unmade with...

Read More...

October Half Term Children’s Activities

All our fantastic activities for those aged 2 to 102 for October Half Term are now bookable online, why not...

Read More...

Working with 4 ply yarn…

4 ply quite frankly is something that never appealed to me and was a little scary too, however I do...

Read More...

New After School Clubs for September 2018!

We are so excited about our new programme of after school clubs at the studio, there are not one but...

Read More...

Crochet in Callela

Hello, Its be a busy few weeks in the studio catching up before and after my holiday in Callela but...

Read More...
JumpingCLAY mini makes

Children’s Summer Holiday 2018

All our fantastic activities for those aged 2 to 102 for the summer holiday are now bookable online, why not...

Read More...

On and Off the Hook

Best laid plans and all that. When we first got the new website that was nearly a year ago now,...

Read More...

You Spin Me Right Round….

LINK TO CROWDFUNDER We would love to be able to afford to hold stock of Stylecraft’s Batik Swirls in the...

Read More...
JumpingCLAY mini makes

Children’s May Half Term Workshops

All our fantastic activities for those aged 2 to 102 for May Half Term are now bookable online, why not...

Read More...

Derbyshire Open Arts Week

We have so much planned for our first ever Derbyshire Open Arts Week combined with our 5th Birthday Celebrations that...

Read More...

Our Egg-cellent Competition Winners

….drum roll please… and yet again we have multiple competition winners! This time not at all down to me being...

Read More...

Introducing the NO SEW StraightCurves Poppy!

As you probably know already we are supporting the Chesterfield poppy cascade and as I’m not keen on sewing woolly...

Read More...
JumpingCLAY mini makes

Children’s Easter Holiday Workshops

All our fantastic activities for those aged 2 to 102 for the Easter Holiday are now bookable online, why not...

Read More...

Chesterfield Community Poppy Cascade

Chesterfield Council are planning something big and you can help by crafting something small. They need thousands of woolly poppies...

Read More...
JumpingCLAY mini makes

Children’s Half Term Workshops

All our fantastic activities for those aged 2 to 102 for February half term are now bookable online, why not...

Read More...

Twelve Days of Christmas…

To celebrate our fifth Christmas as StraightCurves we are doing 12 days of promotions and offers. More details to...

Read More...

Reading to Happiness: Why Books Are Good for You

In our manic modern world, it’s more important than ever to make time for hobbies. Studies have shown that leisure...

Read More...

Children’s Christmas Workshops

All our fantastic activities for those aged 2 to 102 are no bookable online, why not take a look at...

Read More...